2/25/2009

GIVE

Choose something you swore you could never, ever live without, and give it away. The ring you-know-who gave you long ago. Your dog-eared copy of your all time favorite book. The plant that finally, finally bloomed after everyone gave it up for dead. Give it to a friend or, better yet, give it to a stranger. Give two hours every other Thursday. Give a gift to the woman who answers your phone. Make it small and totally unexpected, and remember to tie it with a curly ribbon. Give a talk that makes someone laugh. Makes someone cry. When the man comes to clean the carpets in your apartment before you move out, give him your beloved antique mirror so he can give it to his girlfriend. Once in a while, give yourself a gold star on the refrigerator door. Giving is the first act of living.

**I think that GIVE is the prefect word for this week because today starts the Lent season. Lent is a season for soul-searching and repentance. It's a season for reflection. I know that sometimes when we start to soul-search and repent, we realize how selfish we may have been or are being in our everyday lives. Sometimes the easiest results involve noone other then yourself. I am going to try everyday this Lent season to give something to someone else. Even if it's just a smile or 'hello' to a stranger. 28 days makes a habit and Lent is 40 days. It can definitely CHANGE my life.
By the way....I'm Giving UP all Sweets...so if you see me with something I should not have please feel free to KNOCK it out of my hand.

No comments:

Post a Comment