8/21/2010

Jake's First Week of School

Jake's first week of school had a few ups and a few downs.  When I first dropped him off on Monday I was running a little bit late so I was in a hurry.  I left him in the room crying his eyes out.  It killed me but I knew I was only going to be a few feet away.  For those of you that don't know, Jake gets to go to school with me this year.  We have a really cool program called Pegasus for 3 & 4 year old teachers' kids. So he's right down the hall from me all day long.  I was curious as to how it would be when he saw me in the hall or cafeteria or somewhere and not be able to come with me.  To my surprise, he does just fine.  He says hi to me and then gets back to what he is supposed to do.  I saw him yesterday walking down the hall with his hands behind his back and a "bubble" in his mouth.  (you fellow teachers will appreciate that) It was the cutest thing ever.  I guess I'm gonna have to start carrying around a camera everytime I leave my room :)  

There were some mornings when he was real excited about going to school and there were others when he wanted to go to school but to Mommy's classroom.  There were more times than not that he threw a fit with I picked him up.  He did NOT want to leave.  He was too "busy making something." It did a little number on me but I was glad that he enjoyed his class.  Yesterday, when I poked my head in on nap time Mrs. Granger said that Jake wanted a pillow for nap time.  They had been giving him this pillow b/c he said it was his.  It wasn't...Jake lied.   It was Cody's, so they gave it back to him and Jake was very upset.  So Grammy will be taking him to Wal-Mart to get a pillow for school (Mom and Dad are leaving for Austin for Luke's 30th :))  Thanks Grammy!!!


Here is Jake the first day of school when I picked him up. I dropped him off crying and picked him up smiling..."It's a Beautiful Day" 
Jake with his teacher Mrs. Granger.  She is the best and loves those kiddos like her own.
Mrs. Granger, Jake and Ms. Lisa
Ms. Lisa always teases that she's going to take Jake home with her...Jake agrees. 

No comments:

Post a Comment